Chicago, IL 606**
[C] (312) 885-****
[H] (702) 907-****
[F] (202) 207-3736
Oakton Community College: Emphasis in Computer Science, Desktop Publishing, Advanced Photography and the Arts
Maine East High School: Emphasis in Computer Science; Lab Courses in Physics and Geology.
- Cumulative GPA first two years: 3.0
- Cumulative GPA: 3.4, 84 Percentile
A polymath capable individual seeking positions that may require a wide range
of capacities that demand 'out of the box' solutions. Position needs to
be a low stress environment with an organization that understands my limitations. I
am also passionate about working with other folks recovering from severe
mental illness, and/or seeking volunteer positions with organizations
such as Thresholds, C4 and/or NAMI Chicago. My neuropsych results report
deficits in executive function and working memory.
October 2018 - October 2019
Technical Writing, I.T. Support & Social Media Outreach Specialist
Result: Job ended due to lapse mental health condition as a result of
environmental social factors. Report of the social factors here. Uptown Research is and has since been
- Developed HIPAA compliant Social Media Policy.
- Setup and maintained VPS as web server sandbox for their new website development.
- Website migration; Website implementation; Content management.
- Provided strategies and recommendations that were later implemented towards client needs and comfort.
- Troubleshoot Office Related Technology issues.
- Produced Photo Media, Posters and Brochures.
Que4 Community Radio, 501c3
February 2011 - Current
Chief Engineer and Co-Founder
- Appropriate, Setup and Maintain Technology.
- Identify Issues and Develop or Advise Software and Hardware Solutions.
- Initial Setup and Training of the Operation and Maintenance of Systems including everything from Equipment to the Website.
- Research and Development, ie currently developing solutions for Television Station Production and Scheduling.
- Maintain Broadcast Antennas / Upstreamers.
- Generally remain on call for station emergencies.
February 2014 - Current
Freelance Writing Assistance, Founder
Result: This is a 'pet project' where I get to pick my jobs; mostly this
serves my outlet to civic activities in personal sense of public duty.
- Write Letters, Disputes, Grievances and Requests (FOIA/FOIPA)
for Clients and Friends; Sometimes Creative such as Poems and
Typewritten on Special / Antique Onion Paper.
- Facilitate Transmission of Written Communications via Fax,
Certified Mail, e-Mail (w/ PGP encryption in some cases), sFTP/SSH and
- Registered Public Notary Commission# 890456.
- Develop Console DOS/Linux based software.
- Scrape the net of fax/phone numbers with query or series of queries from CSV file.
- Robofax via Linux Console using a Serial Fax Modem (ie, to Congress via Republic Services.)
- Occasional Digital Handy-man work.
June 2007 - Nov 2014
Freelance Festival & Band Photographer
Result: Retired from this job...looking to refocus photography as a
hobby in other areas such as "Sticker Chicago" project. Seldom taking
creative jobs in photography that uniquely tailor a mutual interest.
- Proficiency in adjusting manual functions and optics to accommodate changing and challenging environments.
- Use of Foveon sensor technology in post processing of RAW image to meet desired IQ parameters.
- Instinctual precision in framing / Rule of 2/3rds / Fibonacci spiral / Symmetry of Elements.
- Published a book on the Introduction to Light and Capture. ISBN: 978-1725556775
- Started to do a few jobs that call for multi-row panoramic to 180 to 360 degree photo mapping.
Chicago Independent Television
2012 - 2016
Result: I could not burden the responsibilities; I relinquished my
position in a written letter to focus on helping a close friend in crisis.
- Conduct Video Interviews.
- Prepare Video Consent Forms.
- Produce Raw Footage.
- Edited Programs in Adobe Premiere and Submitted Programs to CAN-TV and Free Speech TV networks via s/FTP.
OCCurrence Student Newspaper
2005 - 2008
Layout Manager, Photographer and News Writer
Result: I was suspended from the College for mental health reasons with the option to return with a note from my doctor.
- Prepared Layout and Met Offset Printing Deadlines.
- Prepared the Games section.
- Introduced Student Photography Submissions and Contest.
- Was responsible in Interviewing for and Writing News Stories.
Skills & Activities
- Mediate in Conflict Resolution; Good at communication skills.
- Prepare, Devise and/or Develop Technology to Meet Communication Needs and Efficiency.
- Proficient in Office Technology, Desktop Publishing and
Imaging with Personal Projects that Involve the use of different
Operating Systems, Software and Hardware of various Architectures.
- Self Taught and Curator in History of Personal Computing and Technology. Video here.
- Writing / Speaking to specific audiences.
- Author of an Array of Subjects from Mental Health Self Help to Metaphysics, Nutrition, Poetry and more.
References (Cell numbers available upon request):
John Ibarra (Que4 Radio, Owner)
Mitchell Szczepanczyk (Chicago Indymedia, Founder)
John Sonnenberg (Uptown Research, Director)